Wednesday 15 June 2005

Stitching Q&A.

I've seen this on a few stitching blogs so thought I'd add it to mine.

1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
I was about 21/22.

2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
My best friend.

3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
My best friend! She had taken it up in an effort to stop biting her nails & I thought it looked quite interesting so had a bash at it.

4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
I'd say either TW's Egyptian Sampler or either of my HAEDs which are all WIPs right now.

5. Do you have friends that stitch?
Yes, my best friend Sharon and also my good friend Sarah who I've managed to enable a fair bit over the last year or so! And all of my online stitching friends, of course!! ;o)

6. What is your favourite stitched piece?
Autumn Queen by Mirabilia - my first Mira project & still my favourite.

7. What is your favorite fabric?
I prefer Belfast linen, but Jobelan comes a very close second.

8. What is your favorite fiber?
Gloriana silks. The colours are gorgeous! Or Needle Necessities have some beautiful colours too.

9. What is your favorite needle?
Mardina's 'my favourite needle'. I got one quite recently & its excellent.

10. Do you prefer black & white or coloured charts?
Definitely b&w. Colour ones are too confusing for me!!

11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
Six... I think! Lets see - TW's Egyptian Sampler, Mira's Petal Fairy, L&L's Celtic Spring, End of the Quest & Snow Princess by HAED and Chatelaine's Watergarden.

12. How many UFO's do you have at this time?
One.

13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
Hundreds!

14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
Around 50 hand dyed pieces, mainly FQs and probably around 20 pieces of regular fabric.

15. Where is your favourite place to stitch?
On the sofa in the living room.

16. What is your favourite time of day to stitch?
Anytime really, as I work shifts.

17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
I'm not really sure! Probably 30+. I do have them listed somewhere...

18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
Yes, I've stitched several pieces which have turned into gifts for others. I only like to give them away to people I know will truly appreciate the time & effort involved.

19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
Hundreds - I have a full range of DMC, plus lots of Needle Necessities, GAST, Six Strand Sweets, Dragon Floss, Kreiniks, Rainbow Gallery etc etc.

20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
5 or 6. Although I tend to use only a couple of those that I find really comfy.

21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames...etc)?
Yes, I have a wonderful stitching stand & frame which is great for large pieces, plus Q-Snaps etc. I love stitchy gadgets!

22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time?
Lots, probably nearly a dozen. I don't have many of my pieces framed :o(

23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
No. :o(((

24. Why do you stitch?
I enjoy the creative process of seeing something start from a little iddy biddy cross in the centre of a piece of fabric & ending up with a beautiful piece of stitched art. It is a relaxing & pleasurable way to spend my time, plus I like to be able to do something with my hands in front of the tv!

25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
There's not one time inparticular, but since discovering the wonderful online community of stitchers, I've grown as a stitcher & made lots of lovely friends too. :o)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have to agree with your last comment. I feel so lucky to discover so many others who share my passion! It's a shame you and I are so far apart physically...I think we could be great friends ;)