Wednesday 2 August 2006

Stressed out.....

I'm feeling quite down & stressed at the moment. Firstly, Dad went for his appointment at the TIA clinic this week to check out about his funny turns that he had last month and they've told him that he has at some point, without realising it, had a stroke. He feels fine right now, its just another thing to add to his medical list of problems - he's had such a hard time of it physically over the last couple of years. I wish there was more I could do for him really, and that he'd move out of his house where he struggles with the stairs to somewhere much closer to the rest of the family, perhaps warden assisted. He's very stubborn & set in his ways though and I know he really doesn't want to move. I went to visit him yesterday & he seems ok. Thankfully he's managed to find himself a cleaner through the local church, which as well as keeping the house clean & tidy, gives him another visitor to look forward to.

On top of that I have had the most stressful day at work this week. Monday I was at Horsham new store inducting around 22 staff for their opening in a few weeks time. Everything that could go wrong did - the digital projector wouldn't connect to the laptop which had the induction presentation on, the air con stopped working and the whole thing hadn't been prepped very well! I was there with my boss, who thought I'd been on the vallium as I was so calm and laid back!! I knew there was nothing I could do about the situation, so just went with the flow & really enjoyed it. Then on Tuesday I went to another store at Winchester for a course on 'Dealing with difficult situations' - quite alot of that in my job! It was great & the trainer was the Sunday manager from our store who I've communicated with lots but hadn't met until then & we got on famously. On Wednesday I went back to my store & just had lots & lots of stress to do with pay. Briefly, one manager in particular hadn't put some payments through for his staff before the deadline for payroll in July & then had gone on holiday. It seems that he has told his staff that this is down to me & had told my boss the same thing in my absence on Tuesday! I have a great memory for detail so was able to tell my boss exactly what happened & she was going to give him a tongue lashing yesterday when they were both in. I am so angry with this particular manager!!! I'm off to Horsham again tomorrow to do more inducting, so I shall just remember to go with the flow once more... ;o)

With all this work I haven't done a single stitch this week - I so could have done with stitching this week to calm me down! When I have got home I've just been too tired. I've got absolutely nothing planned today though, so am going to put my feet up & stitch, stitch, stitch! :o)

5 comments:

Seahorse said...

{HUGS} Glad you finally found some time for yourself!

Kim said...

Sounds like a crappy week - hope you get some stitching time soon!

Amy said...

Hang in there! Be sure to take some time out for you, and stitch! You're Forest Goddess is looking great, btw!

Sasha Farina said...

just sending you some *hugs* ... :)

The Queen's Stitch said...

Hope you got lots of stitch therapy in! What I really liked about your post is that you were able to find the humor in these difficult situations and manage to go with the flow. Good for you!

Sandy