Saturday 22 March 2008

A new start

No Taj this week as I'm frantically stitching a leaving gift for my boss, who leaves on 5th April. I have a few days off so I should just have time to finish this as it's stitching up pretty quickly. This is my progress on 'Tribal Butterfly' by Sparklies:


I'm stitching this 1 over 1 using 4100 DMC Variations on Polstitches limited edition Turkish Delight Jobelan fabric. I love how the top right of the wing looks like an owl's face!! Sorry about the creases in the fabric...

I was meant to be up in Yorkshire this weekend visiting my best friend Sharon, but unfortunately my car has decided it doesn't want to go anywhere. So instead, as well as frantically stitching, I am going to spend the time researching my next (and final) college project. It's a biggie so I'm going to need all my concentration to bring it all together.

I'd also like to wish everyone who reads my blog a very Happy Easter! :o)

5 comments:

Karoline said...

Nice start on the butterfly. Happy Easter Sam

Sally said...

Very pretty new start Sam. Love the variations thread you're using. I'm sure I've used this one!

Happy Easter!

Sharon said...

Sam, your new start is pretty and I see that owl's face. How neat.

Kim said...

Thats pretty Sam Nice work!

Name: Vicki said...

I really like the tribal butterfly piece. I also like the thread you are using! I am really impressed with the Taj piece - great job! Good luck on your projects! I remember those days! As a matter of fact, I still have nightmares about forgetting to do them and I've been out of school for more the 20 years! lol Have a great day!