Monday 14 December 2009

Drum roll please.....

I guess I should share a couple of photos of me with my wonderful man. I don't want to parade him in the, er... limelight though, so he shall henceforth be known as 'Mr X' - there is an X in his name somewhere, so I thought it appropriate ;o)

This was us (and a windmill!) just a couple of weeks after we met. He's doing his best Indiana Jones impression I think.

And this was us last night at a Christmas classical concert - an annual charity event at church by the King's Chamber Orchestra. It was magical, romantic and we both enjoyed it thoroughly! Mr X looked very smart in his suit, but is also sporting a beanie hat due to shaving all his hair off!! Not really the right time of year for such a dramatic new hair style, so we have to make sure his head keeps warm and snug :o)

We went to visit Dad at the home on Saturday & he told me that the staff have asked him to be Father Christmas for the residents Christmas party! He has got lots of very white hair and a large tummy, so I think he could be a very good choice indeed. As I can't get to the Christmas party at the home myself, I'm hoping they will be able to send me lots of photos afterwards.

Still no stitching being done I'm afraid. I'm hoping that I will get an evening to myself before long so I can sit, stitch and totally relax. I have many more Christmas cards to write out first though.... Happy stitching everyone! :o)

5 comments:

Karen said...

You and Mr. X make a lovely couple! I'm so happy to hear things are going well for you! :)

Kathy said...

Awwww you make a lovely couple Sam, so glad to hear things are going well

Hugs xxxx

Claire said...

You both look very happy together.

Rowyn said...

Lovely pics, you make a lovely looking couple! I hope you enjoy your first Christmas together.

Sally said...

Lovely piccies Sam. You both look so happy. I'm really pleased for you.