Monday 4 October 2004

Stitching Blogger's QOTW: Thread Organization

Plastic bobbins, yes or no? How do you organize your threads?

Firstly, apologies - I have really neglected my blog lately, due to working lots of hours & being just busy full stop!! My report card would read 'must try harder' lol!! ;o)

Onto this week's question - I am a converted plastic bobbin girl! I got a pack of 500 plastic bobbins at a bargain price at a stitch show I went to earlier this year & spent ages labelling them with all the DMC numbers & then ages more winding my threads onto them! I love plastic bobbins, they're much sturdier than the cardboard ones (obviously!!) and I also have several large thread boxes labelled so I know what goes where, in preparation for the day when I finally have all the DMC threads.... no, I have to admit I am yet to complete my set!! I've got about 2/3rds though so am well on the way.

I haven't tried the stitch bows so I can't comment on those, although I've heard mixed reports. Maybe I'll give them a go sometime. I quite like the idea of the floss away bags, but wouldn't your floss still get in a mess in the bag? I like the fact that on bobbins you can keep them relatively neat and tidy. I'm not sure what to do with my speciality threads, especially my collection of Needle Necessities, which I think are about 20m of thread each! There's no way a whole skein would fit comfortably onto one bobbin, so I may opt to go with the floss away bags for those. All I can say is you can never have too many threads! :o)

No comments: