Sunday 2 April 2006

Stitching Goals for April

I've seen this on many other blogs & thought it might be a good way to inspire me to work on a few of my WIPs!
Titania:
To finish hair/flowers in hair & continue with her dress.
Midnight Hunting:
To start & complete one of the 2 remaining corner moon panels.
Egyptian Sampler:
To finish stitching gold coloured part of border/frame.
I don't seem to get a great deal of stitching time right now so even those 3 goals will be a challenge for me, though achievable if I set my mind to it!

Well, I really couldn't resist the new Passione Ricamo design 'The Night' - it is totally utterly breathtakingly gorgeous! Once I can afford a little splurge on a larger piece of hand dyed fabric, I will definitely be starting this amazing design. Laura's designs seem to be getting better & better so I can't wait to see what she has coming up in the future.

I've been working today & things were really busy. I ran my first company induction, although I had assistance as there were 11 new people starting, whereas normally there's around 2 or 3. I used to run huge inductions when I worked in HR before, although that was around 4 years ago so I felt a little nervous first thing. It's awful when I'm nervous as I start to get my words all mixed up! It went ok though & I'm sure that with a bit of practise it will be fine & I'll feel much more comfortable with it. I had so much to do though today & was mainly on my own, so only managed a 10min teabreak early on! I had been planning to leave early, but there was just too much to do. Inductions always generate a great deal of paperwork plus I had lots of other things to keep me busy. Thankfully Andy was off today so had been busy at home & cooked me a lovely dinner for when I got in. :o) I've got a lovely relaxing day of doing nothing tomorrow, so am planning to get to work on my stitching goals!

No comments: