Sunday, 27 April 2008

Egyptian Sampler

First of all, a little update. As I may have mentioned, I've been stitching Teresa Wentzler's Egyptian Sampler on & off for the last 4 years! Hence, for the last 6 months or so, it has become my project that lives at my Dad's, giving me a chance to stitch on it usually about once a week. I am determined to finish it this year... especially now as Dad has bought me a Dimensions Gold kit - The Guardian - which features wolves and he thinks it would look nice opposite the Dimensions Gold "African Lions" I stitched him a few years ago! I've promised him that I'll start it as soon as I finish ES. Anyway.... here is my progress as of yesterday:

Sorry, it's not a good piccie! It was getting late & I was in a bit of a rush. I've still got a fair amount of the border to do. The central part is nearly finished, I just have to finish off the twisted band which I started yesterday. I'm sure the end is in sight!

Andy & I have just returned from the garden centre, where we've managed to source some bee-friendly plants and also a bee nesting box! Bees are under threat and if nothing is done to help them, we could lose our busiest garden visitor. The nesting box is great - hopefully a queen bee will make it her home very soon & get busy nesting! It has a lifting lid and see-through window at the top, so if successful, I will try taking some photos.

On Friday I gave a presentation of one of my college projects to the rest of the class. Eeeeeekkk! I'm really not comfortable with the whole presentation thing, but I made it as humorous as possible and it seemed to go ok. I've got another 8 weeks left and then it'll all be over! Phew. Not that I'm counting the days or anything. I'm having a family & friends party on the Saturday after to celebrate finishing and I can't wait! By coincidence, Wimbledon fortnight follows and I have 2 weeks off to relax and enjoy it! ;o)

5 comments:

Melissa33 said...

I actually just bought this pattern the other day in the store. Now I'm almost intimidated that it takes 4 years, cause I'm a pro at putting a project aside for awhile. It looks awesome though!!

Karen said...

Wow! It looks GORGEOUS! TWs are so worth the effort, aren't they?

Sally said...

Your ES looks fantastic Sam! I don't think I could tackle a TW piece!

Good for you helping the bees. Without them we'll be in big trouble.

J Rae said...

Your Egyptian Sampler looks marvelous so far! Can't wait to see your continued progress on it.

Can't wait to see your bees. :-)

Kathy said...

Wow that is stunning Sam.