Monday 13 September 2004

Stitching Blogger's QOTW: Small or Large?

Do you stitch small projects one at a time that you can finish quickly, have numerous large projects going at once that you rotate,or both? How does your current system work for you and have you thought about changing it?

Mine's definately a large. Or even "Supersize Me" should I say?!! I love to stitch large projects. I don't mind the odd small project occasionally, but large is the best. I like to get my teeth into something thats going to keep me occupied for a long period of time. Its great to work on each little area and watch it grow and eventually connect with the next little area... and so on... I like to work on 2 or 3 projects at once. It would be so easy to have a huge rotation and start every single kit or chart I possess, but it would take me years to finish anything! There's nothing as satisfying as adding your initials and date to a just finished project :o)

There are lots of designs around I like, (probably too many!) but on the whole I am quite fussy. I really don't like anything simplistic - the more detailed the better! I guess its always changing, as I grow as a stitcher. When I started stitching I did stitch simpler designs, but my tastes changed as I found new designers and then when I got online a few years ago - woohoo! I've never looked back! I find, as time goes on, that my taste is evolving and now I'm looking more and more at traditional styles and samplers (a la The Drawn Thread) that I would not have given a second glance to a couple of years back. How strange, that instead of wanting the newer styles, my penchant is for older ones! I've also never been much of a flower person (although they look nice in my garden!) but I love the beautiful designs by The Silver Lining so have recently added a few to my stash. When will I stitch them? Er...... I'll get back to you on that one! ;o)

No comments: