Monday 22 November 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: Hand-Dyed Fabric

Hand-dyed fabrics - love 'em or hate 'em? If you love them, what kind/colours do you have?

Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!!!!!!!! I first discovered them online about a year ago, but didn't actually get my first piece until May this year. Its been this year's addiction for me! I have around 30 pieces, 99% of which are fat quarters. I also belong to SMF's TOTM so I know I get at least 1 more piece for my addiction every few weeks. I was looking at my collection the other day & they seem to mainly be bluey colours, although I do have some nice lilacs, pinks, greens and even a yellow. Maybe I'm just drawn to blues - its the denim wearing girl in me! They are mainly Belfast linen, but a few pieces of Jazlyn have crept in recently. I have a few that are on opalescent/metallic fabric too & they are just gorgeous! I'm a bit of a magpie & love sparkly/shiny things, so I love these.

On the whole, I like the effect they give - every piece is quite unique. Sometimes the stronger colours can overpower a design, but I think if you choose carefully, a hand dyed fabric will enhance your masterpiece.

No comments: