Wednesday 1 December 2004

Christmas Wishes

Oh my! Where is all the time going? The weeks are flying by so fast & as usual, I have a thousand & one things to do & not enough time to fit it all in. I'm in the process of redecorating my lounge - the walls have been re-plastered & I'm now waiting for a new gas fire & surround to be fitted which isn't going to happen for another couple of weeks (brrrrr its cold!). Unfortunately I'm also having to live in this room whilst the redecoration is taking place, which is a little impractical, I know, but as all my furniture is piled up in my dining room, so there's nowhere else for me to go! :o( The plaster hadn't dried out until Monday, so yesterday, at long last, I finally opened a tin of paint & managed to paint the ceiling! Ok, ok... I had been doing other preparatory things, like trying to chisel off the chunks of plaster that had been left on my lovely Victorian coving (eeeek!) & suddenly realised around 4pm when it was starting to get dark that I really ought to get on & paint the ceiling before I couldn't see where I was painting! I had bought that white paint that goes on pink so you can see where you've been painting before it dries out to white. But as it was getting darker by the second, it didn't even look pink to me! Switching the light on was even worse... at least with the light off, I could sort of see where the paint was wet! D'oh.... I can be a little dense at times & get too involved with one particular task before I realise I should be doing something else! Lol! I finally managed to get the ceiling finished in around half an hour, which wasn't bad going for me & the light was all but gone once I'd finished! There is still so much I need to be doing, but I've got to that time on my rota at work where I'm working lots of hours during the week & off at weekends. That sounds great, but it being December, I'm actually away all 3 weekends before the BIG day so I'm finding it hard to get all my jobs done! I think I need a word with this Santa bloke & see if he can give me an early gift of more than 24hrs in a day. ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it'll be worth it once it's finished. Wrap up warm! ;o)

Faith Ann said...

It sounds like it will be lovely when everything is done. Personally, I'd rather walk on nails than paint...but I love the look of freshly painted walls.

If Santa gives you more than 24 hours in a day, I want more too!