Tuesday 28 December 2004

Today it's......

...... my Dad's birthday! I won't embarrass him & share his age, but I'm sure he won't mind me telling you that he's a pensioner of a few years ;o) I'm cooking him a roast dinner. I know its only just after Christmas, but as we go to my sister's for Christmas dinner every year we always miss out on having delicious cold meats afterwards, which is my favourite meal! So I tend to buy a chicken & cook it a couple of days later with all the trimmings. Its in the oven now & I'm basting it with some honey which just smells delicious! Mmm..... ;oP

I guess like most people, I don't like this week inbetween Christmas & New Year.... I just want to get on with all the things I said I'm going to do in the new year & want to be doing them now, but feel I can't! Do you know what I mean?!! Lol. I'm having a SAL with my friend Gill starting on New Year's Day - we're going to be stitching Dracolair dragons. I'm stitching Midnight Hunting & she is stitching Noon Basking. I am so looking forward to starting something new! And of course, I'll be able to keep you updated with my new digital camera which I haven't figured out how to plug into my PC yet, but I'm working on it! ;o)

5 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Happy Birthday Sam's Dad!

The roast dinner sounds wonderful...we've been having leftovers for 3 days and I'm getting quite sick of turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey, turkey, turkey!

Good luck getting your camera figured out...I can't wait to see some pics.

Amy said...

Can I join in the SAL? I have the Dracolair Dragons, and have been needing an excuse to start one. I would love to have some of my buddies to work on them with!

Hope your dad has a wonderful birthday!

Samantha said...

Thank you for your birthday wishes! My Dad enjoyed his birthday very much.

Amy, feel free to join in our SAL. We're starting on 1st Jan & stitching until Mon 3rd. After that we will be stitching on the 2nd weekend of each month from the Friday to the Monday inclusive. We're starting on the 1st so we could see in the new year with a new start! Which one will you be stitching?

Amy said...

Well, since you are doing Midnight Hunting, and Gill is doing Noon Basking, I will do Dawn Awakening! We can have all three going at once. How will we be keeping in touch?

Anonymous said...

Hope your Dad had a great birthday Sam!