Tuesday 26 December 2006

Happy Boxing Day!

Howdy folks! I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas :o)

We had a lovely day - Andy & I went over to my Dad's (he's out of hospital & doing really well). We cooked a huge dinner & looked after him. We also found time to go around to my best friend Sharon's parents to say 'hi' as she, her hubbie & son Fraser are staying with them over Christmas. I had some lovely gifts - I had some gorgeous fabbie & Dinky Dyes silkies from
Gill, in a Secret Santa exchange I received Just Nan's Snow Business, a magnetic needle tugger and a Tacky Bob. I also received some lovely non-stitchy goodies too. Dad gave me some money to buy some boots & also re-new my passport. Andy gave me a lop-eared bunny calendar (awww!), Pirates 2 DVD, a beautiful cashmere scarf and 'The Other Boleyn Girl' book which I've wanted to read for a while. Sharon gave me a lovely lipstick case which was engraved with a beautiful message about our friendship on (awwwww!), a Pirates 2 calendar, a cat shaped car tax disc holder and Fraser gave me a funky chunky purple pen & notebook. My boss gave me a gorgeous necklace & mirror compact. I had a sequinned purse & bling 'S' initial keyring from my cousin. Andy's mum gave me a pretty Christmas trinket box and my friend Mick gave me a Beatles calendar. We're having a restful day today at home, though will probably go for a walk by the sea this afternoon. Then tomorrow we'll be driving up to north London to see Andy's mum for the day.
I would like to wish all my online friends a happy, healthy and (stitchy) prosperous new year. Let's hope that 2007 is a good one :o)

1 comment:

Juls said...

Glad to see you posting again! And glad your dad is feeling better! You will love "the other Boleyn Girl" I did...I couldn't put it down.....