Saturday 28 July 2007

A few piccies

I picked up Crescent Dreams from the framers yesterday & I'm really pleased with the results:


I decided to take some arty type photos in Dad's garden, by the lavender I planted as a tiny plug a few years ago & it is now this enormous bush, which is always swarming with bees collecting pollen. The frame is silver with a tinge of gilt and both mats are in shades of lilac. I shall be giving it to Sharon next week, although I don't really want to part with it now! :o)

To the left you can see the aforementioned lavender bush. I love lavender as a plant, although the fragrance I find quite sickly. Give me a beautiful rose fragrance anyday!

Catkin (right) came up to see what I was up to. She doesn't like having her picture taken & doesn't usually stand still for long enough! Catkin is approximately 8. She turned up unannounced on my doorstep one day and decided she wanted to live with me - she tried to follow me in my front door! I already had 2 cats at the time and didn't really want to have another, but when she was still hanging around a couple of hours later, I felt sorry for her & let her in. She made herself right at home and has been there ever since.
Her elder 'sister' Bobbi is now 14 and I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. I was first introduced to her when she was a tiny 1 week old kitten - she didn't even have her eyes open! She sat in the palm of my hand & mewed contentedly. She's never been a lap cat, but has a very sweet temperament. She is the image of the 'Felix' cat, although a little rounder in the tummy department! Unfortunately, Andy is allergic, so my kitties have to remain with my Dad.

Last but not least, I have a stitching progress picture for my one and only TW - Egyptian Sampler:

I've been stitching this on & off since 2004, in the run up to my holiday in Egypt. I've left it at Dad's house, so now whenever I visit him, this is the one I work on. I've been working on the Queen square, as you can see. After that, there's two bands to complete and then onto the border...! I have several TWs in my stash, but they have so many colours & blends, I don't think I could cope with having more than one on the go at any one time! I will definitely start another TW once this is finished. I'm wondering if her beautiful Illuminati will be finished by then - I saw it on her blog the other day & it looks amazing so far. I have more than enough to keep me going in the meantime though! Have a great weekend everyone. :o)

14 comments:

Sally said...

Crecent Dreams looks gorgeous Sam as does the Egyptian Sampler.

catandturtle said...

Sweet kitties. Your framed piece looks great! Ann.

Yany said...

Thank you for the lovely pics Sam!! Your Crescent Dreams is beautiful!! congratulations :)

Sue said...

Crescent Dreams is so pretty and that TW is gorgeous ;)

Sharon said...

Your cats are gorgeous! Crescent dreams looks great framed.

Carol said...

Oh Sam! What a gorgeous framing job! I can see why you are so proud! Cute kitties too :-)

Jamie said...

Everything looks fantastic. Cute kitty cats!

Faith Ann said...

Crescent Dreams is gorgeous! The mats and frame are just perfect. I love the artsy photo with the lavender too :)

Egyptian Sampler is looking beautiful as well.

Kelley said...

Great pics Sam! Crescent Dreams is magnificent, the cats are adorable, and I agree with you about the smell of lavendar - gag!

Kathy said...

Great pictures Sam Crescent Dreams is gorgeous and love your Egyptian Sampler.

Hugs xxxx

Singular Stitches said...

Crescent Dreams is gorgeous!! Great progress on the TW.

What adorable kitty pictures!!!

Karen said...

Great pictures, and your stitching looks lovely!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised you don't want to give CD away! ES looks wonderful - I couldn't have more than one TW on the go either.

Cute cat pics Sam!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Crescent Dreams looks wonderful, I think one TW would/is enough for me.

Joanne